Sunday, September 7, 2008

The start of a fun week!





Today was a day of celebration! I had the honor to co-host a baby shower for my sweet friend Richelle. After suffering 5 infant losses, she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Kapri. She is a miracle and such an amazing blessing!

In planning for this beautiful shower, I volunteered to do the favors. I have created many favors in my day and was super excited.
Since my friend just gave birth to her 5th girl, we decided that pink starfish would be so cute! They do in fact have 5 little legs making it so sweet and significant.

So, off to the internet I went to find pink starfish. The only place that carried these little beauties had a minimum order of a few hundred. We only needed about 40 for the shower. What in the world would I do with 100 pink starfish? Give them to my friends as gifts...yeah...maybe for the next 5 years! So on to plan #2. Dye my own.
It wasn't a quick process. I had to bathe these little white starfish for 24 hours then bake them in the sun for almost a whole day to dry. Thankfully it was 100 degrees outside. They got quite the California tan outside. I then added a coat of glitter, ribbon and some bling and viola! 50 hours later I had some super cute girlie starfish!

Aren't these SO cute! Love them!
More shower treats to come this week. It was one of the cutest showers EVER!

No comments: