Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Birthday my sweet boy!

Three years ago today was the most amazing day of my life!

It was a Monday morning and I was already on bedrest in the hospital. I had very high blood pressure and was starting to get very sick. My doctor was on his cell phone, driving to the hospital and asked Brian to get to the hospital quick. He wanted Brendan to be born within the next 1/2 hour. Brian rushed to the hospital and everything went so fast! They prepped me for a c-section and here was my little bean shortly after.

Brendan was sent to the NICU and stayed there about 2 1/2 weeks. They took really good care of him and he never needed any interventions. He had perfectly healthy lungs and he was doing great. He just needed to learn how to eat.

Here are some pictures of my delivery day:


One of the sweetest doctors ever! He is amazing! I love this picture right when Brendan came out of my belly. Amazing!!!

A little chunker being that he was 7 weeks early. How big would he have been if I would have gone 40 weeks???
After Brendan's first bath. Look at that blonde hair. Where did that come from? Also, now that I have done a rotation in the NICU, it makes me sad to think of what Brendan went through to get his IV in. So sad! Glad I was knocked out for that one!


Here he was resting in the NICU after his crazy day!


Thank you Lord for answering my prayers. Thank you for filling my life with a love that I never knew existed. Thank you for sending a miracle that fills my heart with love and laughter every single day! All the Glory goes to you Lord.
For you know the plans you have for me Lord. Plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Happy Birthday my sweet little boy! I love you more than life itself!!!

1 comment:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Happy birthday, buddy!!! Wow--how is it possible that it's been THREE years?!