Monday, May 18, 2009

The Lord is Good!

When I was going through the losses of my three baby boys, I felt like life could not get any worse. It felt like life was not worth living. My heart physically hurt.

It was the middle of the night, I was sitting on the couch, (balling my eyes out!) and pretty much could not take life anymore. It was at that moment that;


I had no idea what to do.

No idea what to think,

No idea how to feel.

All I felt was sadness and lonliness.

It was at that moment that I gave up full control of life, and let God take control. I won't go into details, however, the Lord changed my life that week.

I never knew why God had allowed my sweet little boys to go to heaven, however, I was reminded of his promise with this verse.

For you know the plans you have for me Lord. Plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

I am proud to announce that today is the day I am graduating from nursing school. I never in a million years thought that medicine was for me, however, I grew to love it with every visit to the hospital I had. The nurses I had were so sweet and I still remember their names. They treated my boys with the utmost respect.

In 2003, if someone would have told me that I was going to become a nurse, I would have not believed them. 7 years later and I can look back and know...God is good! He had a plan and knew what He was doing. How could I ever doubt His greatness?

On this day of graduation, I want to thank all of my friends and family. I could not have made it without all of you. You were my cheerleaders, babysitters, therapists, and my inspiration to make it through one of the hardest challenges of my life.

Thank you Lord for your promise! I will take what you have laid before me and use it for Your good.


Here is my graduating class and the wonderful men/women who may take care of you one day in the future.




We made it!!!

1 comment:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I can't believe it's been 2 years already. I remember walking the lake with you and listening to you talk about programs and pre-req's and thinking 2 years seemed like such a long time away....

I'm so happy for you, friend. Praying for the perfect job to come your way! (Have you ever considered becoming a certified nurse midwife?)