Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This one is for you hunny!

I have been keeping this recipe secret from my husband and teasing him. He can not figure out what the topping is made from. I have had many laughs and will now share it with him (and you!). This one is for you hunny! Have a good day at work!!
__________________________________________________________

A girlfriend gave me this amazing recipe last week. It is the easiest, yummiest taste of heaven you will ever make. Perfect for company, holidays or to treat yourself! It makes the house smell amazing too! I have a batch brewing in the oven right now. Martha Stewart, eat your heart out!

Recipe: Take 5 red apples, peel them and slice them. Put them in a pan and sprinkle cinammon and brown sugar to your liking. I put quite a bit.

In another bowl melt one cube of butter (it has to be one cube!) I learned the hard way this morning and my girlfriend saved me and drove me another stick. Thanks Richelle! Once melted, mix in one whole box of dry yellow cake mix. I also add one cup of quick oats as well. Mix until all the butter is absorbed and it looks crumbly. (is that a word?) Pour over the apples.

Pop into a 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. You will be able to tell when it is done. The top will be golden brown and the sides will be oozing with the sugary goodness.

My friend told me you can also make this with any frozen berries or pumpkin.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Alison Strobel Morrow said...

Oh gracious. That sounds delicious!!!